Alternative Medicine for Burning Fat
According to the World Health Organization, over 30% of the global population are either obese or overweight. If we focus only on North America, over 60% of the population are overweight! This number is extremely unhealthy and is caused mostly by poor diet and lack of exercise. Eventually these people enter into points of their life where they develop so many ailments and illnesses that prevent them from doing exercise and changing their diet. At that point, alternative medicine is the only way to go. In this article, I will outline possible options for alternative medicine or even just general health solutions that will help with burning fat. Let’s get started!
- Chewing gum – studies show that for those who are overweight, they often are addicted to the sensation of chewing and eating rather than eating out of hunger. By chewing gum, it tricks the mind into thinking that you’re consuming foods when in reality, you are just chewing gum. In fact, you actually burn more calories chewing a piece of gum than from the calories you consume from the sugar in the gum. The next time you have that itch to eat, try chewing a piece of gum to curb that hunger. (Pro tip: choose sugar free gum to further limit your calorie intake)
- Drink water (lots of water!) – according to Healthline, the average adult should drink 8 cups of water a day. Drinking water helps curb hunger as well since it helps fill your stomach with fluids giving you that sense of fullness. Drinking water also has a lot of other benefits like flushing toxins out of your system and lowering your overall sodium levels in your body.
- Eat celery – Celery is mostly water based but it is in solid form. Celery gives that sensation of eating a solid food while it packs close to no calories. In fact, there are so little calories in celery that your body actually burns more calories chewing the celery than the calories in the celery itself. Celery sticks are crunchy, easy to eat, and great to curb hunger. Celery is also a high source of fibre which promotes digestion and allows for a steady bowel movement.
- Weight loss pills – there are many over the counter weight loss pills that claim to help promote weight loss and fat burn. Make sure when buying weight loss pills that you look through the ingredients first. Many of these pills are generated with a lot of chemicals that may have side effects on your body. Try finding weight loss pills with natural ingredients to prevent possible side effects.
- Liposuction – sometimes you can try everything, and nothing drives any results. Liposuction is not necessarily the last resort, but it is an option that you should seriously do some research on before committing to. There are traditional surgical options to liposuction that involves cutting open the skin and vacuuming all the excess fat out. Alternatively, there is a non surgical liposuction option that allows for liposuction to be performed without the need of surgery. It often involves a laser or freezing method that melts away the fat and it is often done on top of the skin. I’ve come across a neat directory that helps locate non surgical liposuction clinics across Ontario. For those of you who are in Markham ON, check out https://lipomagic.com/markham to find a non surgical liposuction clinic near you.